WHY JOIN LABP?
There are many reasons to be part of this dynamic and vibrant association. If you are a business person, professional, tradesman, merchant or restaurateur, LABP works tirelessly to help you grow. The Partnership promotes both growth of the entire Lake Anna market and the market shares of our members.
If you are no longer an active business but still want to be active in the business community, LABP has a wide range of volunteer opportunities as well as the monthly After Hours Socials where you can meet new friends. Our members are the best and brightest of Lake Anna and we invite you to join us. There is strength in numbers and a lot of fun awaits you!Online Application Mail in application
LABP MEMBER BENEFITS
The benefits of membership in LABP are many.
Here are a few:
- New website promoting Lake Anna. To include Area Happenings with highlights on Member Events.
- Business Directory with direct Links to member web pages.
- Connectivity to local and state policy makers.
- Networking Opportunities.
- Referrals among members.
- 2 Lake Anna Information Centers.
- Lake Wide Christmas Open House.
- Lake Anna Spring Festival / Business expo.
- Advertising Lake Anna statewide in Virginia Guide.
- Discover Lake Anna brochure.
- Great special events that promote the lake.
VisitLakeAnna.Org Web Presence
The professionally managed www.visitlakeanna.org (www.visitlakeanna.org) web site is designed to promote statewide interest in the Lake Anna region, and to provide support for LABP member businesses. Members may submit information about their events for inclusion in the site’s calendar and request a hypertext link from the LABP site to their business websites. The partnership’s
e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
LABP works actively with local and state government, and key non-government organizations (NGOs) regarding issues of interest to Lake Anna businesses and residents. Through LABP’s government liaison, members have a committed advocate in legislative, regulatory and government operational matters.
Information Center Advertising
Only Lake Anna Business Partnership members may place their brochures and advertisements in the Information Center for visitors to our area. The Partnership’s first Information Center is located at the heavily traveled intersection of Routes 208 and 522 adjacent to Dickinson’s Store.
“The Partnership” issues press releases to local and regional publications regarding various aspects of issues and information that affects the Lake Anna area. In addition, LABP activities and events are regularly covered by local news outlets.
After Hours Monthly Events
Join your friends and colleagues each month for a social gathering at 12 different locations around the lake area, complete with a complimentary catered menu and cash bar. Local and regional Guest speakers are part of most events, keeping members and guests up to date on important matters affecting the lake region. Members may also sponsor an After Hours event and make a personal presentation to the group.
The Lake’s Premiere Business Partnership
Lake Anna Business Partnership was created as a non-profit entity in 2001 by a group of business owners and home owners alike, to promote travel and tourism in Lake Anna, Virginia, improve business conditions and promote regional growth while preserving Lake Anna’s beauty. The Partnership is funded through membership dues and fund-raising events.
LABP Business Directory
The directory is distributed in printed form in The Central Virginian newspaper and at the Information Center, and in electronic form via the business directory section on the Visitlakeanna.org website. Copies are also made available upon request to member businesses for distribution across their counters.
LABP Logo for member websites!
Be proud to be one of the most successful organizations on the lake. Place the “LABP Member” logo on your web site to let people know that you are a member of “The Partnership!”
Select a level:
1 year – annual renewal date based on start of membership. Platinum Membership (Normally – 2 persons).
Platinum Membership is available to all businesses and independent contractors. The business entity is a member of the LABP. The business shall select one individual that is directly associated with the operations of the business, typically and owner or manager, to be the business’s designated representative.
Highlights of Platinum Membership
- Platinum membership entitles the business to one vote on all matters presented to the membership. The designated representative is the only individual eligible to vote for the business.
- The designated representative and all Associate Platinum Members are entitled to participate in all LABP business activities and functions.
- Platinum members are entitled, at no additional cost, to name one Associate Platinum Member that is eligible to participate in all LABP business activites and functions. (Associate Platinum Members must meet the criteria outlined below for Associate Platinum Membership).
- The designated representative and all Associate Platinum Members are eligible to be elected as Officers and Board Members.
- Platinum Members may add an unlimited number of Associate Platinum Members at a cost of $75.00 per member per year provided that each indvidual meets the criteria outlined below for Associate Platinum Membership.
- Platinum Members are entitled to a free business listing in the annual directory and on the organization’s website.
- Associate Platinum Member criteria:
- Associate Platinum Members must be owners, partners, or employees of the business or an immediate family member of the designated individual.
- Associate Platinum Members may not be Independent Contractors. (Independent Contractors typically include professions such as real estate agents, independent insurance agents, and mortgage brokers that are not considered employees of their company for income tax purposes).
- Platinum Membership Fee: $200.00 per year which includes dues for the business, the designated representative, and the first Associate Platinum Member. $75.00 per year for each additional Associate Platinum Member.
1 year annual renewal date based on start of membership. Gold Membership( 1 person).
Gold Membership is available to independent contractors (or other business entities) that do not have employs except for the business owner. (Independent contractors typically include professions such as real state agents, independent insurance agents, and mortgage brokers that are no considered employees of their company for income purposes.) The business entity (or the individual if operating as an independent contractor) is the member of LABP. Business that typically have employees, other than a single owner, are only eligible for Platinum Membership.
Hightlights of Gold Membership
- Gold membership entitles the business to one vote on all matters presented to the membership. The gold member is the individual eligible to vote for the business.
- The gold member is entitled to participate in all LABP business activities and functions.
- The gold member is eligible to elected as an Officer and Board Member.
- Gold Members are entitle to a free business listing in the annual directory and on the organization’s website.
- Gold Members may not add Associate Members.
- Gold Membership Fee: $150.00 per year which includes dues for the gold membership business.
1 year, 1 year annual renewal date based on start of membership. Silver Membership( 1 person) (Social)
Silver Membership is a non-business membership for one individual. The individual person is a member of the LABP. Individuals that own, operate, or manage a business in the Lake Anna region are not eligible for Silver Membership. Individuals that could be considered an independent contractor that operates in the Lake Anna region are not eligible for Silver Membership. (Independent contractors typically include professions such as real estate agents, independent insurance agents, and mortgage brokers that are not considered employees of their company for income tax purposes.)
Highlights of Silver Membership
- Silver membership entitles the individual to one vote on all matters presented to the membership.
- The individual is entitled to participate in all LABP business activities and functions.
- The individual is eligible to be elected as an Officer and Board Member.
- Silver Members are not entitled to a business listing in the annual directory or on the organization’s website.
- Silver Members may not add Associate Members.
- Silver Membership Fee: $100.00 per year which includes dues for the individual.