You will be sent a class information, directions and disclaimer packet once you enroll in a class and pay your deposit.
Equipment: Specific information can be found on the relevant class page. This list is a general guide for HEAT tactical classes:
- Fighting Rifle: a semi-automatic battle rifle utilizing detachable magazines of minimum 20 round capacity. AR/AK type platforms are an example of a suitable rifle. The safety must be operable with the firing hand, by finger or thumb, without removing the hand from the pistol grip.
- MVT Classes are AR15 centric for weapon manipulation training.
- Rifle spare parts/spare rifle/optics are useful in case of failures.
- Ensure your rifle is well / excessively lubricated.
- Muzzle Brakes (known at MVT as 'loudeners') are strongly discouraged at class. Not only are they detrimtenal to others shooting in close proximity, they are also a non-tactical item. A standrad A2 birdcage or similar is the encouraged item.
- Rifle cleaning kit/lubricant
- Rifle magazines (20 or 30 rounds standard capacity): minimum eight.
- Unique tape on your magazines will help you find them after drills.
- Bring as many magazines as you can, pre-loaded, to avoid wasting time loading magazines between drills. 16 would be better than 8.
- Bring 4 empty magazines to day 1 of CRS/CTT + 1 x penny.
- Eye protection / Ear protection: Electronic ear protection is recommended.
- Load/ammo carrying gear: ‘Load-Out’ i.e. battle belt/plate carrier/tactical vest. Be able to carry 6 - 8 magazines on your person.
- Water source: canteen/ camelbak/ water bottles
- Bug repellant / Sun screen
- Medication / Allergies: Bring relevant Inform cadre of location / type as necessary.
- Knee Pads
- Rifle sling
- Tactical gloves
- Boots with ankle support. Long pants, hiking or combat style. Long sleeved shirt/top.
- Clothing suitable to the season: i.e. warm/cold gear, rain gear
- Bring Camp Chairs to the Square Range days.
If you have questions for clarification, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work on an average of 400-500 rifle rounds per day. Check the website for individual class ammo requirements. FoF classes do not require live ammo, but requires AR15 rifles only.
For classes at the Velocity Training Center (VTC), Romney, WV:
No armor piercing or tracer ammunition. Steel cased ammo is not recommended.
For mobile classes involving the tactical ranges (due to the use of steel targets and shields):
NO penetrator, steel core, armor piercing, bi-metal, M855, tracer, M193 / XM193 / 193 ammunition.
Rounds may be magnet tested (not cases). Steel cased ammo is not recommended.
Mobile flat range classes are exempt ammunition restrictions, with the exception of tracer.
Note: Cheap bulk ammunition is recommendation for tactical training i.e. PMC Bronze .223 55 grain, or similar ammunition. For AK ammo, ensure it complies with the requirements above.
Shipping Ammo: For VTC Romney Classes only. You are welcome to ship ammo to the UPS mailbox in advance of a class. It will be brought to the training site for you. Note that plenty of notice is required, the shipping address is in VA, the training site is in WV: Max Velocity Tactical, 15191 Montanus Dr #127, Culpeper, VA 22701. Rules:
- Don’t ship anything illegal. MVT is not an FFL.
- Inform what you are going to ship, and when.
- Remind prior to your class about the ammo so it can be transported to site.
Criminal Activity / Civil Disorder: It is not the intent of Max Velocity Tactical to provide training that will be used in criminal activities, to further criminal ends or to further civil disorder. Training is solely provided to law abiding persons for the purposes of tactical self-defense. If you have a criminal record that prevents the possession of firearms you are not permitted to attend firearms training. ITAR Restrictions: Training is only available to US Citizens / Legal Permanent Residents.
Training Stoppage: Max Velocity Tactical reserves the right to withhold or terminate training at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to: non-trainable safety violations, inability to follow range safety directions, disrupting class, endangering other students, lack of sufficient physical fitness, or in any way posing a liability risk to Max Velocity Tactical.
Site Privacy: The VTC is a private training site only open to the public via class registration.
Age Policy: There is no upper age limit, so long as you’re physically fit and mentally alert enough to conduct the training. You must pass the fitness self-certification for tactical classes. Age minimums: Age 14 as a matter of policy. Exceptions will be considered, case by case.
Force on Force - AirSim: Certain classes at MVT utilize AirSim) to allow controlled force on force (FoF) training. Specific safety briefs and safety equipment will be provided for this training. Detail is on the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on can be found linked from any of the class pages utilizing AirSim. Ensure you comply and fit / test your PPE prior to class.
Video / Photography: There is a no video policy in effect at the MVT classes. If specific permission is obtained, MVT will be afforded the opportunity to review the product prior to any publication, with the ability to specify that the video is either not published, or edited. Photography of students and the training facilities is by permission only, and permission must be sought from all involved.
Student Reviews / AARs: Reviews are encouraged. However, reviews must not contain such detail that a full, complete or detailed curriculum of a training class is published.
Limitations & Representations
MVT does not represent and cannot warrant that the information, tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) presented during its training course will prevent or minimize the likelihood of loss. MVT disclaims any and all responsibility for Student’s application of the knowledge and skills taught. Student agrees to apply the knowledge and skills taught by MVT in accordance with applicable laws, as well as commonly accepted safety rules and standards, to include using suitable backstops and accounting for surface danger zones. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Student agrees to indemnify, defend and hold MVT and its instruction staff harmless from any and all losses, claims, suits, damages, and judgments for personal injury (including death), property damage, and financial loss to Student or any third party, directly or indirectly, related to the use or misuse of information presented and TTPs taught by MVT.
Attendance at an MVT course does not qualify or credential Student, in any way, as an instructor in firearms, tactics, or any other course content provided by MVT. The use of unique MVT training concepts, methodologies, and scenarios constitutes appropriation and misuse of MVT intellectual property. Student agrees not to use existing or future MVT trademarks for personal gain or to reflect any association with MVT other than as a student. Student agrees not to claim or otherwise imply any